Tuesday 13 November 2007

Another "Classic" show, LDBB, Funkbox and more...

I've had to give you another classic show as the studio still isn't working, I'm not sure if I can actually call it classic as it's from this year (19-02-07) but it's the most fun I'd had in ages with Leicesters very own Bomb Squad, Ed209 in the building and self described "Shiny Metal Man", Chrome from Def Tex. Some of the chat was bananas, some very dope records were played and we got Chrome to do some live rhyming, I'll have a hunt for the playlist if anyone actually wants to know what was played (ask in the rarely used comment section below!) To be extra nice I'm using sharebee so rapidshare, zshare etc are all covered...

Part 1
Part 2

Next up I'll be using some of the Louies Den Beat Battle beats, any one who wants to get involved check the myspaz for the lowdown, homework 10 is up so get making some beats. I'm going to use a selection of the beats as music beds before they get turned into finished tracks. Seriously theres some incredible beats being made! This video's the flipping kids tv themes...

Louis Den Beat Battles The Real Episode 8


Starting on Wednesday 14th November from 8pm – Late FUNKBOX present all the way from Israel…

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

LIVE at The Yardbird, Paradise Place, Birmingham B3 3HJ
£6 entry… plus FUNKBOX DJs

AND THEN…
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

On Friday 16th November FUNKBOX returns with…Tufkut...One time resident of Breakin’ Bread and Hip-Hop production maestro TufKut travels up from the big smoke to show off his extensive knowledge of breaks and beats from deep in his crates.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Again at The Yardbird, Paradise Place, Birmingham B3 3HJ, £2 entry. I wish I had been able to do the show on Monday as I had a few of his tracks ready to hand, he makes hip-hop how it's supposed to sound, full of dope samples and heavy drums, I think he probably introduced me to some devil worshiper by the name of Kashmere too...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Phill Most Chill has one of the best blogs on the net and a record collection that makes even the most hardened digger salivate. Recently he's done some posts on the mysterious Baritone Tiplove a few of you might be aware of. Heres the direct link for those too lazy to look at my links bar on the right (they're all dope links by the way, don't front!)

Next week Pneumatic & Sloth live in the studio and feel free to leave a comment. Be sure to check back too as I should be posting again tomorrow with another show.